Easy vegan egg and toast
Would you like to make a super simple egg sandwich or egg on toast, well this is the recipe for you.
- Sliced firm tofu – approximately 3 slices per person
- Tumeric powder
- Namala black salt
- Lightly fry the tofu slices in a little oil, or use an oil spray
- Once both sides are lightly browned, sprinkle tumeric and black salt to taste – a little goes a long way so just start with a pinch of both first and add later if you want a stronger flavour
- Turn the tofu slices a couple of times, so the flavour is on both sides
- Serve hot with fresh toasted bread or in a sandwich
- To make this more realistic, you could spend time shaping the egg and playing with where to put the tumeric – but for me, this its about the taste with this recipe!
- Use wholemeal bread or gluten free, with or without the homemade sauce of your choice if thats your thing