What if I told you that I have a recipe for a pasta recipe that is quick and tasty?
- It can literally be made in about 10 minutes with almost no effort?
- It requires virtually no cooking skills?
- Can you boil water? If so, you can do this!
- The basic recipe is just two ingredients
- Yes only two!
- With a little more effort you can adapt it in a variety of ways?
- Vegan – of course!
- Need gluten free, no problem use GF pasta
- Fancy it hot and spicy, no problem top with some chilli flakes
- Love your veggies, just lightly fry some up and throw in at the last second
- More garlicky, crush some up and stir in at last second
- Make a homemade sauce instead of shop bought (see below)
- Need bigger bowlful because it is so good? Just size up the measures!
So what is this recipe I hear you cry! Well, its so simple …..
2 minutes prep
10 minutes cooking time
- 400g pasta of your choice
- 160g vegan garlic and herb cream cheese
- Cook pasta until its almost soft and drain
- Add cream cheese and stir in while pasta is hot
Really – thats it!
Or try your own homemade sauce? If you want to get really fancy, you could also whip up a homemade soft cheese alternative while your pasta is cooking – just remember to soak the nuts overnight beforehand.
Homemade garlic herb cream cheese
- cup of soaked cashews
- 2 cloves of garlic
- fresh herbs of your choice
- 1 tbsp if chopped
- 1 handful if whole
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, optional for cheesy flavour
- 1 tsp pink salt
- Put all ingredients into blender
- Add water to cover blades
- Blender for 3 minutes until completely smooth and warm
You could make this sauce while your pasta is cooking, then pour over cooked pasta and add a sprinkle of herb to garish to serve.
And there you have it, a super easy version and an easy version of a delicious pasta dish that all the family can enjoy, which can be easily adapted to meet individual tastes AND would be a good fit at a dinner party too!
I would love to hear your feedback when you try out this recipe, see your photos and hear about how you adapted it to suit your tastes!